Following the piece on NACFB Chair, Paul Goodman’s busy day yesterday, we now have more insight into his Wednesday schedule. As mentioned in the piece for yesterday, Wednesday was the Commercial Broker Awards of 2021 and was situated in Birmingham in the Edgbaston Cricket Ground. The awards ceremony commenced at 12:30pm with the winners announced in the afternoon. Goodman Corporate Finance were been shortlisted in the category of Factoring & Invoice Discounting Broker of the Year! There are 6 other contenders for the award.
The event schedule was tightly packed and rather busy for everyone involved, Paul played a part in ensuring everything in the set up process ran smoothly.
Paul’s diary for the day:
- Wake up at 6:30am after a late night at the James Bond Premiere
- Make breakfast for Jack around 7:00am
- Get suited and booted just before 9am ahead of the drive down to Birmingham for the event set up – this included a sound check and a microphone set up
- The award ceremony kicks off around 12:30pm with 3:40pm scheduled for the awards, this is due to finish at 5pm
- After this, Paul will be shooting round to the NEC to help with setting up the arena for the NACFB event tomorrow!
- At 7:30pm Paul will be attending drinks at the Genting Hotel which is near to the NEC
- After this there is a staff dinner to go over all of the plans for the NACFB expo, this will be from 9pm until 11:30pm
- Finally, Paul will be crashing out in the hotel, getting up for breakfast and then heading straight across to the conference on Thursday morning!
When asked to provide a quote for Wednesday’s event, Paul commented that “it is worthwhile saying that I’ve already been across to look at the expo being put together for tomorrow, it is looking absolutely amazing, and I think it is fair to say that NACFB members are going to be in for a real treat. It’s extremely exciting hosting the NACFB broker awards and the expo, it’s so great that we’ll be seeing members back together to celebrate the achievements of the past 12 months, it’s even greater to be back together with the NACFB team after nearly two years of not being face to face due to the pandemic. After the awards today, I’ll finish off the night with the drink’s reception for exhibitors ahead of tomorrow”
By Elicia Boni – Digital Marketing Content Executive
If you are interested in learning more about Goodman’s bespoke broker services and how we can help your specific finance needs, then you can click on the relevant links: Asset Finance, Corporate Finance Services, Factoring Finance, or Property Finance.